Friday, August 8, 2008

Annie to Pooh



E-mail I received from Lindy today August 8th Friday:


Ok, so here is the story and the pictures. I called the vet tech at home last night to get some ideas on how to get Annie to eat it was then that she told me that a woman had come to the clinic after the news report and said that Annie was her dog. The clinic told her that she was in a safe spot for the night and to come back tomorrow when I was already scheduled to bring her in for a check up at 10:00 She showed up at 7:00 and brought in the flyer that she had circulating around all the local vet's clinics but Wandermere becasue of the location she didn't realize it was there. So the vet called this morning saying that she was indeed the owner and that they told her to come back at 10:00 when I was scheduled to bring her in. I new that she would be there early so I decided to show up a little earlier as well. I new as soon as I parked that she was the one waiting in the clinics waiting room. SHe looked anxiously as I opened the car door and as soon as I got Annie out her eyes perked up and started to cry. Once Annie saw her owner she transformed into a completely different dog!! Once they made contact Annie jumped into her owner, Tess's lap and kissed her on the face and cuddled as close as she could to her. It was then that we found out her story. Her real name is Pooh and I think that Tess said her granddaughter named her. She is 15 years old and has been with Tess since she was born (in her house). She is always at Tess's feet except for the Monday that I found her. She couldn't find her and she immediately began looking and sending out flyers in desperate search of her. Tess belives that a pack of coyotees plucked her from her yard becasue it is not in her nature to go far from her at all. Tess thanked me over and over and we hugged and cried together and then she offered for me to stay for the vet's visit but I just couldn't I left at that point closing this small little chapeter in my life. I will miss "Annie" very much but deep down I knew that she would not be ours for long. She had an owner that she was desperatly looking for and we all could sense that. When she was at my parents for the night she was always on a mad search for something so now that she has found it I can rest easily and be happy that she is where she needs to be and healing in loving arms. My parents tried deperately to connect with her but she had other plans. Just so everyone knows her eyes are no longer sad!! They are full of life! I am trying to scan the flyer so look for that in a couple of minutes. Thanks again for all the work you have done in getting Pooh back to her owner.






Photo: Tess and Pooh (Annie)after being reunited at the Wandermere Animal Hospital, Friday morning August 8th.

E-mail received from Tess and Pooh, today August 8th Friday:




Hello,
My name is Tess and I am the friend Pooh (Annie) has lived with the whole 15 years of her life. She is a faithful, happy, loving friend who I have been missing since Monday. I have been searching for her every day with the help of my friend Kim. I had flyers out, but I missed the Wandermere Animal Hospital. I now know it is there. I was going door-to-door with flyers when the Krem 2 story aired. I was invited into one of the houses I went to and they told me they had just seen my Pooh on the news! I cannot even describe what I felt when I heard that. I drove to the Wandermere Animal Hospital immediately, but I arrived after 6:00 p.m. I had to wait until the next morning to bring my baby home. I was unable to watch the story on the internet because I needed to update my flashplayer. That website was down. My friend Kim tried playing it for me over the phone. Another friend, Donna, told me the lady who had rescued my baby had taken her home. I was devastated. I did not know when I would see her again. The wait was long and painful, as I know hers was too. We are very close. She is always at my side. There has been such a void since she has been gone. I owe so much to all who helped my baby. There is no way to thank everyone enough. That void in my heart has been filled again. I truly believe in the power of prayer. I have been praying for God to please lead me to Pooh. My prayer was answered when some wonderful people saw the story on Krem 2.

As a result of this experience, my friend Kim and I are going to start a website for lost and found animals. We need a place that links everything together and makes it easier to find lost friends. Also as a result of this experience, Pooh will be getting a chip. She is forever losing her tags...

I am attaching a few pictures (I could fill pages and pages...). Please feel free to use any or all on your blog. And thank you so much for your part in bringing my baby home.

Pooh's friend,
Tess

3 comments:

Dog_geek said...

Yay! I'm SO glad to read this happy ending. What a relief! Lindy - if you read these comments, I can only imagine if this had been one of my dogs, there would have been no earthly way to express my thanks for what you did. Tess, if you read this, I can't imagine what the past few days have been like for you. I'm so glad that you and Pooh have been reunited. You might want to take a look at the Missing Pet Partnership website: http://www.lostapet.org/

MPP has recently relocated to the Seattle area, and they have tons of good advice for recovering lost pets (as well as tracking dogs to help find lost dogs and cats) - and also good advice for those of us who find lost pets. They emphasize to think "lost" not "stray" and how a common error is to assume that a scared or stressed dog was abused or negelcted - a lesson for all of us!

Randy, thanks for your role in getting the word out, and for keeping the updates coming. I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the good news! Thank you!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

OMG, what an eventful week everyone involved had with this sweet pup! And POOH/ANNIE has a completely different, happy face! Well done Randy and everyone! Well done! This is a great story with a marvelous outcome.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,