Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Annie's Saviors


The escape came at a cost, but I am alive.
The taste of my blood sours my stomach and reminds me of where I came from.
Oh how I wish to be back nuzzling close to my brood with mother licking these wounds that run so deep.
It was so long ago, but at this moment it brings me comfort to think of her loving breath as she cleaned my face.
Oh I hurt, but if only to make it to the side of the road. Perhaps a human will grant me my wish for survival.
I want to live but I am not sure why. I look at my unkempt fur and feel this thing around my neck that once held my identity.
The tags long since gone as are the praising words of the child who once fed me.
As the pain grips my body, the pain centered in my heart is the worst.
I, once loved, now encouraged to keep my distance from humans. Tormented by thrown rocks and stinging words.
Where are the saviors, as these cars pass by?
If I rest, the coyote will surly find me.
Please, I do not wish to become food for the wild animals. I should not be a part of that equation.
I wish to be praised and touched by a loving hand once again.
Have mercy or I shall perish.
My legs shake as she approached. Reaching out telling me it was going to be OK.
I cannot help but to lay on my side preparing to be struck, but the stroke to my head and the words told me I was wrong. A savior, a savior at last!!!!


August 4th, 11:00 a.m. Lindy Terry, of Spokane, WA noticed a small red haired animal stumbling near a busy roadway on the north side of Spokane. The first impression was that it was a coyote which are known to frequent the wooded areas that surround Spokane. As she got closer it became clear that the animal was in fact a small dog, bleeding from several wounds. The dog was disoriented and obviously in a great deal of pain. Lindy pulled her car to the side of the road and attempted to make a rescue. The animal after surviving the attack of what is believed to have been a coyote, was not yet ready to surrender to helping hands and eluded Lindy’s attempts to catch her. Two other vehicles joined the rescue attempt and thanks to the fast actions of an unidentified young man with good intentions, the little dog was safely placed into Lindy’s vehicle. The animal laid on the front seat of the car bleeding and confused and so exhausted, unable to enact any more fight or flight response. The air conditioner surrounded her with cool comfort while being driven to the Wandermere Animal Hospital, in North Spokane. As soon as Lindy arrived with her patient, the staff of Wandermere took immediate action and the process of saving this little strangers life began. According to Lindy, the staff treated Annie with the utmost respect and care. The little girl that had looked as though she been on the streets for sometime was now receiving medical treatment mixed with real love. Oddly the staff started to call her Grandma Annie because of her advanced age for a dog, believed to be about eight years, before Lindy decided that Annie was an appropriate name because of her status in life as well as the red hair. Strange how those things work out. Staff members were surprised when Lindy told them of her choice for a name.

I called Wandermere Animal Hospital a short time ago, Wednesday at about 12:15 p.m. Spokane time to check on Annie’s status. A very kind young lady answered and said that Annie appeared to be perking up a bit. This was after a tough night and morning. I will keep you informed on Annie’s status as things develop.

If you are a religious person, then a prayer would be nice. If you are just nice person then happy thoughts would suffice. I am sure in any event that donations would be accepted to help offset the cost of Annie’s care. Supplied is the web site address for, Wandermere Animal Hospital.

http://www.wandermereanimalhospital.com/837496.html

If you would like to contact me with comments but do not belong to the Blogger community please do so by writing me at polarbear59923@yahoo.com

Randy J. Cole






8 comments:

Be Inspired Today said...

That is such a beautiful story. Strength, Courage and Good Will. If I had my way I would save them all. They are such precious creatures. I send my prayers.

Julieanne

Michaela said...

Aw what a precious dog. I'll tell J.C. to keep an eye on this little guy. I'm sure He will, seeing as He even watches the sparrows. :)

Michaela.

L. Massey said...

All of our thoughts and prayers are with Annie-please keep us posted. The Massey Family

Lindy said...

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers for Annie. She is a sweet little dog and quite a survivor. She is making small gains everyday but is still not out of the woods so please continue to pray for her healing and that soon we will be able to take her home so she can heal in comfort. Thank you again, Lindy

Dog_geek said...

Just reading about the plight of this little dog was breaking my heart. Bless the hearts of Lindy and the other good samaritans who cared enough to stop and save this precious little life. Please keep us updated on Annie's progress. Each one of my dogs is a rescue who made it into my life and heart because of special people who stepped up to save their lives, and I am forever grateful.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

God bless those people who stopped to help this sweet, gentle pup. Yes, prayers are going up for Annie and those who are helping her. Please do keep us all posted as to her progress.

Be Inspired Today said...

I was really touched by this story and have added you to my 'Inspired Stories' list. Hope this is ok with you.

Julieanne

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,