Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Don't Like Travel Days



Ted Stevens Airport, Anchorage, Alaska 10:09 p.m.


I have grown to dislike my travel day or should I say day and a half and sometimes two days. I work 7 days a week 12 hours a day and normally for six weeks straight. I then have to deal with this day. Travel day. I work until 5 p.m. and at about 7p.m. fly from Deadhorse on a charter 737. I arrive in Anchorage at 8:30 p.m. My flight today leaves Anchorage at 12:30 a.m. and I arrive in Seattle 3.5 hours later. At 7 a.m. I board a puddle jumper, (small) prop driven aircraft and fly to Spokane. Time to get my car out of the parking area, which as of late cost me $200.00. Ah yes, I fill my gas tank up and drive 3 hours to Libby Montana. I spend the next two days trying to rest up. The only good thing of course is being with my lovely wife. Not a very happy post. I look around at the gate and I can tell the flight is going to be full. Tourist, fisherman, oil workers. I should count my blessings. My flight was not one of the ones that got canceled because of the ash in the air from the volcano eruption. Ok maybe it isn’t so bad. Oh wait, she just announced that the plane was late. Refer back to first sentence.


Randy

4 comments:

enemy said...

Hey Randy
glad that you still got the humour at the end of it. Even though the day may be long and sometimes unbearable...

Cheers

Michaela said...

I have a friend who lives in Anchorage. I haven't seen him in a LONG time :(

Love the sunset. And I also love how everything else is in the dark except for the sky. Beautiful!

Well, I hope everything works out for you and you get home safe and sound.

Michaela

Sophie Sexton said...

Don't forget, it could be worse - you could be Ken! Ha ha!

In all seriousness, you need to sign a copy of "In Case of Emergency" from my blog, and send it to me A.S.A.P., then all will be well. I will even for-go my diet plans for today and join you in a junk food, carb-o-rama feast!
All you'll need is a Wife Beater Tank Top, and you'll fit right in!

~ Naughty Sophie

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Ick. It sounds horrid, but as "enemy" says, we're all glad you still have your great sense of humor. I mean, what else could you do? Don't get into the whole air-rage thing, okay? LOL Hang In There!!!