Friday, May 1, 2009

Crisp Montana Air







During the winter of 2007,my wife Chaniya and I went to Turner Mountain ski area near Libby Montana. I had planned on a few shots of the ski lift from the parking lot. I had no interest at all in going up the hill on the lift because I am a chicken. I really am not impressed with heights. My wife put me on the spot when we were approached by the lift operator who invited us to take a ride to the top. I politely told him that my wife would not like it much but as these words left my mouth, Chaniya said, "Honey, I think we should do it. I was stunned and now trapped. We had to go up the hill, my little wife from Thailand said we should. To back out now would expose me as a coward. We went and it was a treat for sure. The beauty could not be measured. Chaniya held on with both hands to the center pole and kept her eyes shut most of the way up. I was very proud of her for making me go. The photos that I shot on the trip up and while on top were some of the best I have taken to date. Thank you dear for being so brave.

Randy

3 comments:

Judypatooote said...

LOL....that's very funny, she talked you into going up, and she kept her eyes shut ..... but lucky for her you had your camera, and captured the most amazing photos... Show is beautful when you don't have to shovel it.... and it's fresh and looks like diamonds....I don't think I would have the guts to ride up on something so high but I sure would have loved taking those pictures... and I love the dog, who looks like he's smelling the fresh air, and quite proud of it... judy

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

OMG! Look at that blinding white SNOW, and those TREES...those TREES! Gasp! WOW! I can smell the air from here as assuredly does the pup in photo #1, Randy. OMG - these shots are stunningly beautiful - that PLACE is stunningly beautiful! How brave of you both to take a teeny tiny chair that's attached to a teeny tiny cable up and back again. You didn't have to ski down, right? Oh, wow....for a Southern gal this is some sight indeed. Thank you SO much for sharing and Thank You Chaniya for saying "yes" so quickly so that we can all benefit from Randy's photos. WOW!!!!!

enemy said...

it looks freezing but somehow it gave me this 'warm' feeling. I know it doesnt make sense??? It must be the blue sky backdrop...Nice shots Randy. So far most of the pictures you take has this very calming effect on me...I need a vacation.