Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Anytime Now


While going through some older photos, 2003 , I found this one of a goofy little dog we once had. Peter Parker was his name and he was a character. He would get up on the sofa 15 minutes before the kids would arrive home from school and stand watch. One of his flaws was that he thought he was flawless. He found out he wasn't when he was ran over in front of some of my kids, by a big truck. I was of course on the slope at the time, so my then wife, Julie, had to deal with the aftermath.
I still miss him!

4 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Ah yes, a little dog with a big attitude. We had one as well, Randy. His name was Nipper. Small, solid black mutt who loved to wear his red sweater each winter and escape from the backyard. No fence could hold him in. He could climb anything. His countenance exuded self-confidence, and his little smile was infectious. He died of a heart attack after climbing out the umpteen-millionth time. He was one great pooch.

I'm sure that was heartbreaking for the family at the time - the situation was much more traumatic. That's a great photo of him. Very telling.

Rest in peace, Peter Parker.

none said...

Love this shot! Dogs are great. They are always like a three-year-old kid: run to meet us at the door, want to play all the time, just need a treat once in a while along with a little attention. Reminds me of pets I lost to the highway as a kid. It's good to remember them from time to time.

Thanks for all your visits to my web blogs too. Doug Kueffler

Michaela said...

Wow, that's a sad story. Crazy cute dog though! Love it!

Michaela

Sierra Rose said...

he was killed in front of me!
celina accedently let his leash go and i had to go get him! he chased the blue truck barking at the back tire. then as it turned the corner i heard screech! and a yelp...his head had gotten run over...my best friend was gone i walked home slowly and told mom peter had gotten run over and then everything was a blur...celina still blames herself...its hard seeing that picture...but its nice to know hes rememberd